Did you know: One of the most common places recruiters go to find new candidates online is LinkedIn.
And if you’re wondering what’s more important, your resume or your LinkedIn profile… the answer is BOTH!
That’s why in today’s episode we are shifting our focus to LinkedIn.
Getting your profile up to speed before you need it is crucial to create demand and have recruiters find you!
Also, most companies today have applications that parse LinkedIn profiles into their recruiting systems. And one thing you DON’T want to happen is to allow your dated info to appear in one of these tracking systems.
In this episode you’ll discover seven things you need to tweak on your LinkedIn profile to boost your discover ability and have recruiters and hiring managers contact you more often!
- The best way to use your LinkedIn tagline to immediately convey your personality and who you are. (4:35)
- One small change that makes your LinkedIn profile instantly more memorable. (6:33)
- How to make it easy for people to contact you without publicly displaying your personal email or phone. (8:02)
- How to use LinkedIn profile to build your brand. (9:00)
- What you need to put in the first 363 characters of your profile summary to motivate viewers to keep reading. (9:36)
- Two-part checklist to help you write achievement driven statements for your summary. (10:11)
- Quick tip to find keywords you must include in your profile. (These are the exact same keywords recruiters use in their LinkedIn searches for candidates.) (11:20)
- What you need to do with your first 73 characters of your tagline and your first 42 characters of your summary to reach up to 40% more viewers. (13:01)
Here are your action steps for today:
Go to linkedinprofilecheatsheet.com and download your free LinkedIn profile cheat sheet.
Next, start listening to the episode and mark all the items on your cheat sheet you plan to implement.
Remember, having a strong and attractive LinkedIn profile is one of the best ways to stay ahead of the competition and always be the candidate that gets the interview call.
Start listening now!