The only way you can truly protect yourself from job loss is if you pretend you’re fired today! It is the best path for you to always be working, have career continuity and avoiding gaps between employment.
Today’s episode will reveal to you five resume writing mistakes that even the most experienced professionals get confused about. This way you are always ahead of the game, ahead of your competition… Plus, you’ll always be the candidate that gets the interview calls!
- Why you should never use photos in your resume. (2:32)
- How adding a simple short sentence at the top of your summary helps you land a better job. (3:37)
- Four ways to include numbers and measurements in your bullets to show your achievements. (5:50)
- A sure-fire way to get your resume trashed. (8:00)
- Why having “Objectives” section is hurting you. (8:14)
- How to turn vague and confusing sentences into clear achievement based bullets. (9:05)
- These three verbs in your resume immediately convey action, content, and results. (10:07)
Next: Go to resumecheatsheet.com, download your free cheat sheet and follow along as we go through (and fix) each of the five mistakes.
Ready? Let’s dive right in!