You might be a little confused by today’s title. Especially if you listened to last week’s episode when I told you that the brilliance of the brain and the body is that everything it does is to promote survival first. Yet here I am telling you to stop being a stressed out, survival oriented, human. What gives?
It’s true, your body’s first priority is to survive. And you learned last time that your hormones are the tools that control your body functions and composition for best protection. But stressing out these hormones can have muy malo consequences. That’s why you need to understand what I share with you in this episode.
Today, we’ll discuss:
- Why it takes at least 10 years to become an overnight success (2:01)
- Ho imagining you’re pushing a flywheel and thinking about moment can help you better understand the “10,000 hour” success principle (4:13)
HORMONES AND NERVOUS SYSTEMS:
- This internal environment is controlling your body composition. You must change this aspect if you want to change your composition (5:37)
- The two sides of your autonomic nervous system and how to tap into each to both relax and ramp up when necessary, thus finding better hormonal balance (6:18)
- Which nervous system you need to activate more often to shed fat and activate natural anabolic growth (9:52)
- The specifics of what stress actually does to release this hormone that packs on the fat like a snowman packs snow (12:33)
You can’t thrive in survival mode …
While it’s undoubtedly a crucial function, operating at such high stress and in your sympathetic nervous system all the time is not how you want to live if you at all care about your looks and long-term health. You must prioritize your rest. If you get nothing else from this episode, take the golden nugget I gave you about your sleep cycles to heart, and you’ll see noticeable changes in no time.
Thanks again for tuning in. If you enjoyed the show, please help me out by leaving a review on iTunes. And don’t forget to follow me on Facebook: facebook.com/KyleNewellFitnessExpert.
I’ll be back again next week with more useful stuff to know, but until then … you’re stronger than you know!
- Kyle Newell