You might think today’s show is all about how to get ripped performing 16-ounce curls. You can definitely get “ripped” like that alright, but that’s not what I’m talking about today. Alcohol is really a neutral thing–you can use it to loosen up, have a great time and make life more enjoyable, or you can abuse it and destroy your life. And it’s very similar with your workouts. In today’s episode, I’m relating “how” and “what” you drink as an allegory for your workout routines, so hit play and get ready to guzzle some knowledge!
Today, we’ll discuss:
– The ONLY two things you can actively change when trying to shift your mindset–and the absolute quickest way to change one of them … (1:29)
– Simplify your understanding of habit formation by focusing on the four habit categories (2:33)
– Hedonic adaptation, and why, for your brain, the greatest happiness lies in the pursuit (3:53)
HOW DRINKING ALCOHOL IS LIKE YOUR WORKOUTS:
– Can you drink just a couple of drinks and still have fun? (Yes) Then why are you working out to get sore? Here’s what’s happening to your body when you do … (4:45)
– Where your soreness after a workout is REALLY coming from. It’s not where you think … (5:13)
– Beers? Vodkas? Margaritas? Different types of alcohols have different effects on your brain–Just like these types of workout changes affect your muscle development (7:02)
– Let’s get kinesthetic! You’re a stack of joints. Some are mobile while some are stable. Know which are which because this can help you diagnose true sources of pain (9:20)
The Road Less Traveled
As a loyal Unlocking Your Inner Strength Show listener, you probably now know more about how the body and mind works than 90 percent of people. You elitist, you! The next episode will dovetail off of this one and work to give you a roadmap for how to apply the “minimum effective dose” toward what you actually want to train for. Be sure to tune in.
Hope you enjoyed today’s show! Please share it with a friend and help me out by leaving me a review on iTunes. Remember, you can catch these shows live on Facebook: facebook.com/KyleNewellFitnessExpert.
You’re stronger than you know!
If you have show suggestions or an interesting idea you want me to talk about, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com. You can also leave a comment or review on today’s show. We love hearing from you!