Here’s a quote I feel perfect relates both the mindset and nutrition and body performance aspects of today’s show. It’s by Isak Dinesen.
“The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea.”
In the first part of today’s show I’m sort of going to be talking about the sweat and tears part as these two things are key to taking back your power. Most people give their power away by not claiming, or by actively deflecting these three key components. Find out what they are, then listen to why everything you think you know about high sodium intake is disturbingly wrong.
Today’s show highlights:
- He-man was right! You do have the power. So stop giving it away! Claim it as your own and see striking changes happen in no time. Here’s how to get your power back … (1:23)
- Nick Saben has been a pretty huge success as a coach, wouldn’t you agree? Take a page from his playbook for achieving any goal (3:21)
- SODIUM – BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS:
- Like the foreign kid in the class, everyone misunderstands sodium (4:54)
- Don’t take your doctor’s word for it. Here’s what’s actually causing your high blood pressure (Hint: It likely isn’t sodium!) (5:20)
- Just to clear the table, I’m not talking about table salt. Use this source of sodium for best results (5:38)
- What you should probably know and understand about how sodium and potassium interact (6:35)
- Why if you’re worried about sodium making you retain water, you should drink … MORE water (9:18)
- My professional recommendation for how much sodium you should ingest every day (10:11)
We covered a lot about sodium today, so I’m going to cut this short and just say give this recommendation a try for a month. If you don’t feel more energy, less stressed and generally overall better, then I’ll be the first to line up surprised.
Anyhow, hope you enjoyed today’s show. Log on to my Facebook page to catch these episodes live: facebook.com/KyleNewellFitnessExpert, and drop me a message or a post.
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to leave the show a review on iTunes. You’re stronger than you know!
- Kyle Newell