Continuing on with the theme of mindset shifting before we get into the nitty-gritty of the four non-negotiable supplements I believe you should be taking every day, today’s episode packs some hard-core preperation knowledge.
You know I love to read (I hope you do, too) and right now I’m reading The 12 Week Year by Brian Moran. I’m telling you, if you have ever given up on your goals and beat yourself up because you felt you didn’t have the tools to accomplish what you wanted, you need to check out this book. Here’s just a smidge of what’s in it, before we talk supplements.
Today’s show highlights:
- SUCCESS MINDSET:
- The five emotional stages people go through when striving for goals, plus the mental game you must play to cross the “Valley of Despair” and press on (1:16)
- A magic number of hours you absolutely must dedicate to hitting if you want to become great at anything, and why most people stop way short (knowing this will give you the fuel to keep going) (3:11)
- LET’S TALK SUPPLEMENTS:
- Four AMAZING benefits of dosing with fish oil – and a recommendation for how much you should really be taking …(4:38)
- Unless you live in the tropics, you’re likely deficient in his KEY vitamin that is the primary driver of a strong immune system. I’ll tell you what it is and how much you need. (5:40)
- Ever been told you think with your stomach? Turns out, that gut is like a second brain! Take this supplement daily to keep it healthy (8:08)
- What you likely don’t know about magnesium, and the best times of day to take it to sleep better and lose more weight (9:17)
What’s the point?
Well, that’s a good question, as the beginning of the year is always a great time to refocus (though this should be a continual process, but we’ll talk about that some other time …)
As we talk about what supplements to take and how to prepare for the challenges that are innate with attempting to change behavior, remember, all of this is meant to help you get the maximum enjoyment, pleasure, happiness and success out of your life. This isn’t a practice run. It’s your one shot, so give your body and brain the fuel it needs to get where you want to go, and don’t settle.
Anyhow, chew on that, for what it’s worth. And if you need a little extra coaching, log on to my Facebook page: facebook.com/KyleNewellFitnessExpert, and drop me a message or a post.
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to leave the show a review on iTunes. You’re stronger than you know!
- Kyle Newell