M&A integration is a process where nothing may happen for a long time.
And then everything happens at once.
But this can go 2 ways.
Either you enter a lucrative market, or you can scare your customers away into the arms of your competitors.
During major change, your teammates have to take more responsibility
because you need to focus less on the day-to-day, and more on the integration process.
Not distributing responsibility to the right people in the right way may cause a chain reaction of having to iron out mistakes instead of creating value for the business.
In today’s episode, you’ll discover the most important skills for effective leadership during M&A, how to find them in your existing personnel, and 2 helpful resources for integration leadership.
Show highlights include:
- The “Set Up” problem that makes even the best business leaders fail at integration (1:35)
- 5 ingredients of a successful integration leader (4:51)
- How trying to improve your integration can make you go bankrupt (and what to do instead) (8:25)
- An underrated leadership mistake that may kill your integration plans (9:41)
- How most agribusinesses diminish the success rate of an integration to please the people who hate it (11:01)