Having an Avoidant Attachment Style—or dating someone with one—can wreak havoc throughout your relationship. It can cause an otherwise healthy relationship that’s headed towards marriage and children into utter destruction.
Well, people with an Avoidant Attachment Style, while they crave intimacy like everyone else, the more intimate you become, the more fear the avoidant partner feels.
But here’s the good news:
Having an Avoidant Attachment Style isn’t a life sentence. In fact, there are ways you can overcome your Avoidant Attachment Style or help your partner deal with theirs, so your relationship continues to grow and blossom.
In this episode, I reveal how you get an Avoidant Attachment Style, the key steps you need to follow if you or your partner has this, and why understanding the different types of Attachment Styles can improve every relationship you have.
Show Highlights Include:
- How understanding your “Attachment Style” can be a game changer for your personal and romantic relationships (0:43)
- Why intimacy frightens you away and can even sabotage an otherwise successful relationship if you have this attachment style (and how to overcome this fear) (2:23)
- The 4 main “Attachment Styles” and how they impact your relationships (5:05)
- How your attachment style starts in childhood then bleeds—largely without you realizing it—into your adult relationships (7:29)
- The 3 crucial things you need to do if you find yourself in a relationship with someone with an Avoidant Attachment Style (13:26)
- The insidious push-pull dynamic of the Avoidant Attachment Style that causes self-sabotage, loneliness, and frustration (14:15)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I’ve helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I’m therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here:
Emotional Mastery is David Tian’s step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: