When a relationship hinges on sexual attractiveness, it’s doomed to fail. Yet despite all the scientific evidence about attractiveness fading over time, the first step most men take when their relationship falters is improving their attractiveness.
They think that if only they had a 6-pack or more designer brand clothes that this will magically make their partner fall back in love with them. But nothing is further from the truth.
Do you think that an elderly couple still obviously in love with each other is fueled by attraction? Of course not. But still, many men miss this point and it sabotages their relationships.
Well, there’s a few things you can do to build a lasting and thriving relationship that aren’t based on your attraction to your partner or vice versa. And in this episode, you’ll discover what personal and relationship characteristics help your relationship grow stronger over time instead of withering away into nothingness.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why beefing up your attractiveness backfires and can make your partner resent you (0:53)
- Can a relationship thrive on sexual attraction alone? No, and here’s what happens when the “spark” begins to wither… (2:43)
- Why thinking of your relationship as a giant and gorgeous oak tree can prevent heartbreak, divorce, or worse (4:10)
- The “EM” anchor that keeps your relationship steady, growing, and always moving towards deepening your love (11:13)
- How clinging to being “right” can cost you your marriage and happiness (12:00)
- Why relying on your partner for your happiness poisons your relationship from the inside out (and how to take control of your own happiness) (19:06)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I’ve helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I’m therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here:
Emotional Mastery is David Tian’s step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/emotionalmastery