There's a pervasive myth in society today, especially among high achievers. And that myth is that repression is a reliable and sustainable tool for success.
Why is this myth so pervasive? Well, this strategy sort of works in the short-term, fooling high achievers into thinking that it’s a sound strategy.
But over time, as your protective parts work harder and harder to repress these nasty emotions, they end up resurfacing and causing more trouble than they ever did. This is what leads to isolation, loneliness, burnout, and a sense that you’ll never experience true joy.
So, what’s the solution?
In this episode, I lay out the 5 ironclad steps to stop repressing your emotions, to become more present with yourself (and with others), and to create deep connections with your friends and partner.
Instead of inner conflict, you’ll feel inner harmony and bliss—something many high achievers never achieve for long. And you’ll be able to experience true and lasting love, happiness, and fulfillment.
So, what are these 5 ironclad steps to undo your deep-seated repression and unlock harmony and bliss instead?
Listen now to find out!
Show Highlights Include:
- The counterintuitive way repressing your emotions leads to burnout (even though it seems like it would prevent burnout) (0:43)
- The “Beach Ball” effect repressed emotions have which makes them surge into your life at the worst possible moments (1:25)
- How to align your emotional and rational selves to to unlock true and lasting love, happiness, and fulfillment (2:15)
- Why ignoring your exiled parts actually causes them to dominate your psyche, emotions, and behavior (6:44)
- How appreciating and loving your shameful shadow parts makes them give their power to you (9:45)
- Do you push people away whenever they get too close? Here’s how to finally stop doing this… (15:39)
- Why working with your exiled parts on your own is a recipe for retraumatizing your protective parts and sabotaging your emotional health (21:54)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I’ve helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I’m therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/about/
Emotional Mastery is David Tian’s step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/emotionalmastery