Your emotions are like the GPS to your psyche. They’re the signposts that help you lead a life of happiness and fulfillment.
But the problem most achievers have is that they’ve learned to repress their emotions in order to achieve success. This is an insidious Catch 22—by repressing your emotions you cannot fully celebrate your accomplishments.
This nasty habit of emotional repression also extends to your dating life and relationships. Repressed emotions deter you from creating deeper connections, plaguing you to a life of loneliness.
That’s the bad news.
The good news?
Repressing your emotions isn’t a life sentence. In fact, there’s a simple 4-step process you can follow to stop this habit before it sabotages your happiness even more than it already has.
In today’s episode, you’ll discover why repressing your emotions is so lethal, how it shows up in your career and relationships, and how to stop repressing them.
Show Highlights Include:
- The invisible obstacle which keeps you from deeper connections in your relationships and plagues you with loneliness (0:32)
- Why the insidious “Mental Bouncer” effect in your mind keeps uncomfortable feelings away but also prevents you from aligning with your authentic self (3:20)
- How repressing negative emotions also suppresses positive emotions and turns you into an emotionless robot (4:43)
- The simple 4-step process to stop repressing your emotions and live a more fulfilling life (6:22)
- How to unlock a greater sense of adventure and sexiness inside you by accepting your most uncomfortable thoughts and feelings (7:49)
- The lethal “Achiever’s Curse” that rips away the rewards of your hard work (and the only proven way to undo this curse) (9:28)
- Why repressed emotions always pop up at the worst time and sabotage your relationships in these two specific ways (19:51)
- 3 “Repression Killer” exercises to become okay with your worst emotions (even if you have trouble expressing them) (22:09)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I’ve helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I’m therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/about/
Emotional Mastery is David Tian’s step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/emotionalmastery