Men have been told for generations that feeling or showing their sadness is a sign of weakness. This myth has misled entire generations of men to suppress their sadness. And nothing has led to men being more isolated, lonely, and disconnected—from themselves and others—than this toxic myth.
Because suppressing emotions like sadness deprives you of the very love and connection you yearn for. In fact, sadness is the gateway to love. And fearing emotions like sadness keeps us locked away from true, unconditional love.
But there’s another way…
In this episode, we’re directly attacking and shattering the pervasive myth that suppressing our emotions is the key to happiness down the road. Instead, I’ll show you how feeling your emotions and embracing your vulnerability requires more strength and courage. And how this shift in mindset opens up the road to a more fulfilling and love-filled life.
Searching for love and happiness and connection in your life and don’t know where to turn?
Show Highlights Include:
- The pervasive myth that’s led generations of men to detach from their emotions and stifle their happiness, love, and connection (1:07)
- The counterintuitive reason feeling your sadness is often the quickest route to experiencing love (3:59)
- How to build your psychological resilience according to emotional psychology experts (and why most men shy away from building this resilience) (8:37)
- The insidious “False Stoicism” trap many men fall into which erodes their best relationships and drowns them in sadness (8:59)
- Why viewing your sadness as an ally instead of an adversary is the key to a life filled with love and joy (10:29)
- How toxic masculinity blocks you from the authentic connections and experiences and keeps you lonely and miserable (13:22)
- Why unburdening your exiled parts effortlessly makes you more attractive to women (21:31)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I’ve helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I’m therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/about/
Emotional Mastery is David Tian’s step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/emotionalmastery