Several listeners have asked about handling disrespect, especially when it comes from your partner. And I get it:
Disrespect is a breeding ground for contempt. And contempt will sabotage any healthy relationship you have.
So, what do you do when you feel disrespected?
In today’s show, you’ll discover what you should do when you feel disrespected, the root cause of disrespect you probably haven't considered, and how to turn disrespect into respect instead of letting it blossom into hate.
- The “thorn in your side” problem that blossoms into resentment and turns your relationship into a ticking time bomb (0:58)
- The “Four Horsemen” signs responsible for ruining all healthy relationships (and how to prevent falling victim to this poison) (2:03)
- Why having a lack of self-respect spells trouble for your relationship (even if you think you’re in a healthy relationship) (7:45)
- How to create self-respect doing nothing other than looking at adorable puppies (9:42)
- One question to ask yourself that instantly makes you realize you don’t need respect from others (19:20)
- The vicious self-fulfilling prophecy many men find themselves in that leads them down the road of being cheated on and heartbroken (23:40)
- Can’t land a promotion because your co-workers don’t respect you? Here are the 4 things you must do to win them over (27:20)
- Why toxic shame might be behind your lack of assertiveness (27:57)
- John Gottman’s #1 red flag that signals your relationship is doomed, which he discovered after studying relationships for 40+ years (31:37)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I've helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I'm therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here:
Emotional Mastery is David Tian's step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/emotionalmastery