There’s been considerable backlash about the Barbie movie from both critics and listeners of my show.
Well, most of the criticism comes from certain types of men. In fact, I had to search the darkest corners of the internet just to find a negative review of Barbie that made a decent point. And believe it or not, this fact could explain why they don’t understand women, have no luck attracting them, and can’t create a thriving relationship (even if you have a great desire for one).
Barbie is a movie for teenage girls based on a doll made for teenage girls. Of course some men have a hard time watching it: It wasn’t made for them. But this also reveals a deep societal insight that can improve your relationships with women:
The reaction to Barbie reveals how male-centric the world we live in still is today—in 2023.
In today’s show, I explain how this male-centric centering of society hurts your understanding of women, why watching Barbie (and Sex & the City) can help you succeed with women, and what ugly truths hating Barbie reveals.
- The weird way to attract higher quality women by watching the Barbie movie (3:02)
- The insidious “Turn Back Time” trap some men find themselves in which wrecks their chances of having a successful, modern relationship (3:56)
- Did you see Barbie and hated it? Here’s the surprising thing that this reveals about you and your potential with women… (6:52)
- How you can mimic Ken’s character arc from Barbie in real life (and become a magnet for high-quality females) (14:14)
- The “Sex and the City” secret for getting a PhD in understanding women (18:11)
- How ‘gender’ differences being more foreign than ‘race’ differences could be the reason you’re not good with women (25:07)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I've helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I'm therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/about/
Emotional Mastery is David Tian's step-by-step system to transform, regulate, and control your emotions… so that you can master yourself, your interactions with others, and your relationships… and live a life worth living. Learn more here: https://www.davidtianphd.com/emotionalmastery