Pain is not an emotion.
Bold statement, I know, but emotional pain actually comes from resisting the emotion that you consider to be painful.
In other words, it’s not the pain that’s hurting you, it’s the emotion you find painful. And only when you locate the specific emotion will you be able to achieve emotional resilience, endurance, control, regulation, and become an antifragile man.
Locating the specific emotion is obviously easier said than done.
But you’re in for a treat.
In today’s episode, you’ll discover how to make a simple shift in your thinking that makes you stronger as a result of your pain (or what you consider to be negative emotions.) You’ll also discover how to locate the specific emotion which is causing you pain.
Show Highlights Include:
- How thinking “it’s just pain” chokeholds personal growth and maturity (which leads to a vicious cycle of women not wanting to be around you) (5:57)
- You’ll be able to heal and unburden yourself only when you specify exactly which emotion you’re feeling (7:23)
- Debilitating anxiety before a date? Here’s why your “unconscious repression” forces you to become nervous and awkward before a date (11:07)
- The effortless way to “flip-the-switch” and enjoy a pump at the gym (or approach women) (13:34)
- How Elon Musk lives with inner conflict on a day-to-day basis (and explains why the myth of Genius doesn’t exist) (16:38)
- You have philosophical parts, a part that loves to sing, a part that loves to be with your kids, and sexy parts. Knowing how to balance them is key for a happy life (22:05)
Does your neediness, fear, or insecurity sabotage your success with women? Do you feel you may be unlovable? For more than 15 years, I've helped thousands of people find confidence, fulfillment, and loving relationships. And I can help you, too. I'm therapist and life coach David Tian, Ph.D. I invite you to check out my free Masterclasses on dating and relationships at https://www.davidtianphd.com/masterclass/ now.
For more about David Tian, go here:
Get access to all my current and future online coaching courses by applying for the Platinum Partnership program today at: