The idea that men need to be fixed is wrong. It results in fake progress, toxic growth, and unnecessary amounts of pain. Men quit because of this outdated concept. Many therapists (even some of the ones in the IFS Therapy Directory) peddle and hold onto this toxic idea.
In this episode, I answer a listener's question and reveal how you can alleviate your pain and accelerate your healing and growth through the therapeutic process. You’ll also discover why relying on a bad therapist you found through a perfunctory search online could leave you worse off in the end.
- Show up late, don’t take a shower, drive a red 1994 Honda Civic, and watch as you become a magnet to attractive women (3:04)
- Why fetishizing exile emotions could cause you to have multiple non-stop crying episodes (and spend thousands of dollars on wasted therapy sessions) (15:26)
- How to relieve your sadness and be oozing with positive energy through “emotion titration” (21:16)
- The sneaky way to trick yourself into enjoying grueling tasks (and to attract women and the respect of other men into your life) (22:01)
- Why you’ll never find a woman and stay bitter if you don’t “flip-the-switch” (24:16)
- How to naturally think positively, feel joy, and become an unstoppable go-getter by practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (28:20)
- Why bawling your eyes out like a child can unlock clarity and make you feel worthy of love (31:06)