10,000 people turn 65 every day. The senior population will double between now and 2030. The number of adults caring for a parent will skyrocket in that time.
Statistics show that chronic disease has far outpaced acute disease. This means that illness will need to be treated for much longer. Add in the fact that 9 out of 10 seniors want to remain in the home and we are looking at a massive need for home care.
But without a proper home care plan in place, you and your loved one will suffer unnecessarily.
In this episode, I discuss alarming signs that your loved one needs care and essential home care information you need to help your loved one continue to live a safe and healthy life.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- Shocking health and aging statistics that will affect the way you care for your loved ones (2:27)
- Why the current state of healthcare leads to the skyrocketing need for home care (3:33)
- Why caring for a loved one could cost you $750,000 (4:30)
- The sad reason that caregivers suffer depression at 6x the national average and how to prevent it (5:05)
- How to determine whether your loved one needs home health or home care (9:00)
- Troubling signs that your family member needs home care (11:34)
For daily 5-minute mind exercises, head over and like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hcafortworth/