Stress and anxiety affect everyone. However, when your loved one with dementia experiences these feelings, coping can be far more difficult. Stress and anxiety also lead to depression, but depression can easily be mistaken for dementia.
How do you sort through the confusion in order to get the proper help and care for your loved one?
In this episode, licensed counselor and geriatric care manager Daniel Bruce and I discuss how to recognize the difference between depression and dementia. Why anxiety can contribute to dementia. And the best ways to help your loved one fight stress so they don’t get overwhelmed.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- How to tell if your loved one has depression, dementia, or both so you get them the help they need (6:24)
- Expert tips for spotting the physical signs of anxiety in your loved one (9:40)
- The subtle but profound ways that anxiety and dementia are tangled up with each other (10:41)
- Did you know? Stress can actually cause dementia (11:50)
- What the temperature in your hands tells you about your stress level (15:57)
- The single best way to kill symptoms of stress before they get out of control (20:25)
For daily 5-minute mind exercises, head over and like my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/hcafortworth/