When it comes to retiring, how to invest your money is always in focus.
Since there is so much to think about with diversification and never ending trends, you may neglect something equally important:
Because making a mistake in your distributions can burn a hole in your finances when it’s time to retire.
The IRS has strict rules regarding withdrawals. And breaking them unknowingly can cost you your hard earned profits.
On the other hand, there are different types of retirement distributions. If you retire in times of turbulent markets, there are ways to protect your investments.
In this episode, you will uncover the most important rules of retirement distributions, how to take advantage of exceptions, and how to protect your investments in a bad market.
Show highlights include:
- How to never worry about taxes for your IRA again (1:29)
- The little known exceptions that allow to take money out of your IRA before you’re 59 (without risking a 10% penalty) (4:03)
- The 2 rules to avoid penalty payments when you approach the required minimum distribution age of your IRA (6:34)
- 2 ways to protect your retirement distributions when the market goes down (9:18)
- Why annuities can be more harmful than they seem (and when they can be useful) (11:57)
“Clicking the Like button does not constitute a testimonial for, recommendation or endorsement of our advisory firm, any associated person, or our services. Clicking the Like button is merely a mechanism to circulate our social media page. “Like” is not meant in the traditional sense. In addition, postings must refrain from recommending us or providing testimonials for our firm.”