After decades in the game, your business becomes part of your identity.
So how would you feel if your business crashed into the ground after you handed over control to someone else? It’s like losing a limb.
And what if that “someone else” was your child? Imagine how a failing business could damage your relationship.
That’s why it’s so important to hand over the reins early and slowly, especially if it’s your child. If you do, not only will you get more time to spend with the people you love, but your business will thrive long after you retire.
Today’s guest Helen was in the media business for decades. Now she has successfully handed the business down to the next generation, and she’s here to show you how to do the same.
In this episode, you’ll discover how early preparation lets you hand over control of your business without drama. You’ll keep your legacy, your business will grow and you’ll finally be able to kick back and enjoy retirement!
Show Highlights Include:
- How to instill a strong work ethic in your children (even if they don’t pay attention to a word you say) (3:23)
- The “reverse reward” schedule that turns lazy, spoiled-brat kids into diligent sweethearts (3:50)
- Two surprising character traits that let you excel in business (even if you’re not a driven person) (8:43)
- How to land your first clients as you pivot from employment to entrepreneurship (even if you’re afraid to sell yourself because you were an employee for the last 18 years) (12:23)
- The “risk reversal” method that attracts business and lets you retain clients for longer (13:41)
- Why handing the reins of your business to the next generation creates freedom, a stronger business, and a lasting legacy (14:46)
- How to transition your business to the next generation without damaging client relationships (18:40)