Almost everyone receives a raise at their job sometime during their career. But did you save half of that raise when you got it? You probably didn't.
So where do you learn the life skills about saving for retirement? Some people learn from their family. But most people learn it on their own.
Dale Carse started working at HEB at a young age. While at HEB, he learned the value of saving for retirement. And with each promotion he got, he saved half of his raise. When he retired 37 years later, he had a nice nest egg to live on because he had prepared for retirement.
Listen now to find out what Dale did with his money and how you retire stress-free.
Show highlights include:
- Why being afraid of retirement pays your house (11:09)
- How putting $5 in a piggy bank for your grandchildren gives you the discipline to do the things you want to do (12:11)
- How trying to remember what Saturday you're on lets you enjoy your retirement (and how you'll be empowered to do what you want to do with the savings you've acquired) (14:16)
- Why having a financial planner 15-20 years younger than you sets you up for retirement success (15:21)
- How finding your passion early on in life pushes you to fund your retirement account (17:22)
Grab your free copy of the “Retire In Texas” ebook now by heading over to PAXfinancialgroup.com.