A/B Split Testing With Allison Carpio
In today’s show, Kevin has another special guest join him. Allison Carpio talks about the power of A/B split testing, how you can get started from scratch and what's the first thing you must test to see the fastest, most accurate results. It's a jam packed episode full of take homes you can use right now.
- The two ways to get even more sales on your website (3:25)
- The more efficient way to get more from your existing website traffic (4:50)
- What A/B Split Testing is and why should you be doing it (5:00)
- Where to find the biggest results when split testing yourself (6:25)
- How much traffic do you really need when A/B split testing to get effective and reliable results? (7:10)
- How to split test when you don't have any products to sell (8:00)
- The 99% significance rule (8:40)
- 3 Simple steps to getting starting with A/B split testing you can use right now (12:55)
- The one thing you can change that will give you the fastest results possible when split testing. (13:30)
- What is a hypothesis and why it's critical you have one in your split testing (14:20)
A/B Split Testing
A/B Split Testing is comparing two versions of a web page to see which one performs better. You compare two web pages by showing the two variants (A and B) to similar visitors at the same time. The one that gives a better conversion rate wins!
Night & Day Results
Its suprising how many people know what A/B Split Testing is but few actually do it. Even the people who you see as ‘testing machines’ aren't testing as much as they would have you believe. Allison tells you how split testing, when you see the results, they are night and day. It all comes down to your metrics.
Copy Vs Design
Allison goes into great detail talking about how you can get started A/B Split Testing but also what she recommends you test first and foremost to see the fastest and most significant results. You’ll be surprised at what she chooses to test first because it's probably not what you would have thought.