Stuck for time and just want to jump to the point?
– The one thing freelancer writers should be doing to get more business (1:20 mark)
– Three reasons why the worst situations often bring out the best in you (4:35 mark)
– Kevin’s massive ‘lightbulb moment’ (5:40 mark)
– The truth about what happens when you become an authority (7:40 mark)
– Just how powerful is specialising and should you specialise? (10:50 mark)
– Defining your own ‘Bat Signal Talent’ (14:00)
– A counter intuitive idea freelancers should focus on who are starving hungry for new business (15:10 mark)
– The one thing NOT to do If you don’t want to come across as desperate for work (16:00 mark)
Its all about becoming a specialist and its also the one thing freelancers should be doing if they want more business even though it seems the most counter intuitive thing to do.
Kevin talks about his own eye opening story over coming the resistance and why often times, the worst situations will bring out the very best in you.
Work Came From Everywhere
Kevin tells us his ironic story of how becoming the ‘sales letter specialist’ bought him more work than he could have ever imagined. This was the moment the lightbulb went off and Kevin realised he could create a product teaching others how to do the same.
If you can teach someone just a little thing they didn’t already know, or even just re affirm what they first thought they knew, you instantly become an authority. This is so powerful and instantly positions you as the ‘go to person’ to solve a specific problem in your industry.
Your ‘Bat Signal Talent’
Kevin explains why its so important to figure out your own key strength and lays out the specific questions you've got to ask yourself. You have to call out what you do and what you do BEST. You don't have to be an expert in everything as Kevin has proved. He talks about his switch from the internet marketing space to now only focusing on his simple formula known as the 60 second sales hook.
The key is not only finding something that you do well, but its equally important to enjoy what you do.
To be successful at specialising as a freelancer writer, you've got to get out of your own way.
Focus on becoming well known for one thing at a time and becoming the ‘go to’ guy for the solution to that challenge.