Today’s “Ben Settle Show” podcast contains a ton of advice for both freelance copywriters and their clients, including:
* How to profit from sales letters that your clients never use.
* How to get clients to respect your time without saying a single world.
* Shackles clients put on copywriters without even realizing it. (If you’re a client who does this, you are basically castrating your sales, pissing off your copywriter, and almost guaranteeing you attract nothing but the bottom of the barrel talent.)
* Dumb reasons why even the best ads are never tested by clients.
* The real reason why so many truly talented copywriters can’t get work. (This is one of the main reasons the best copywriters are saying “to hell” with doing client work, and why a lot of clients will have to one day settle for nothing but mediocre talent.)
* A secret way to use an ordinary telephone to make sure your clients always respect your time.
* The #1 reason why all copywriters should take on clients… even if you hate their guts.
* The little talked about benefit to doing client work that can result in tens of thousands of dollars in your pocket you never would have gotten otherwise. (It’s worth doing client work for a while—even if the thought repulses you—just for this reason.)
* Why married freelance copywriters tend to be more stressed out and miserable than non-married freelance copywriters.
* The Avengers secret to making oodles of money as a copywriter without selling your soul to a client or stressing over running your own business.
* And a whole lot more…