You’ve invested years of your life and thousands of dollars in your medical education and training so far. And you may believe that working in the healthcare industry makes you invincible. But what would you do if you woke up one morning and could no longer practice medicine? Do you have a backup plan?
In this episode, Billy discusses why disability insurance is an essential part of your professional life, and why you should consider protecting your income no matter where you are in your career.
Highlights from this episode include:
- Why one doctor had his colleagues rushing to get disability insurance as fast as possible (2:12)
- This tragic story shares a lesson on the right time to get disability coverage (2:46)
- The practical reason for having the right insurance agent if you become disabled (5:05)
- How to overcome the untimely end of your medical career (7:33)
- How to get disability coverage for less than you thought possible (8:04)