I don't want to say this is you, but…
The average investor is emotionally tied to their financial risks. Losing money is one risk. Upsetting your spouse is another risk. So is taking investment advice from an internet influencer.
Problem is, investment advice is easy to find — it's everywhere. But not all advice is good advice. And when you don't know what's true and what's hype, you buy or sell based on emotions, not data.
On today's episode, Pat Bowen, president of One Capital Management, finds that many individual investors trade on emotions. They’d be better off with diversified, long term strategies. Pat believes that you must manage your investment risks to meet your financial goals.
Hot investments come and go — don't let them leave you cold.
Listen now to discover how a long-term investment strategy maximizes your financial gains!
Show Highlights Include:
- Why access to financial information is no longer the gatekeeper to riches (0:53)
- The stable “three-legged stool” to look for in your investment advisor (4:35)
- Why the myth of “buy low, sell high” is impossible to achieve — and how to make money anyway (7:45)
- How to diversify your portfolio to maximize your returns — without swings in your earnings (8:28)
- Hate taxes? Here's why you need to plan your major money moves for the next 2 years (14:55)
- Why having a “personal trainer” for your investments increases your gains (23:58)
- How does your favorite YouTube investment advisor get paid? (Hint: it's not from good advice) (32:01)
If you want to download the Summer 2021 Playbook mentioned during this show, head to https://onecapital.com/ and click on the “Idea Lab” tab to download the report for free.
To schedule your complimentary retirement track review, head to https://onecapitalmanagement.com. You can also call us at 805-410-5454 or text the word ‘TRACK’ and we’ll reach out to you.