The pandemic reshaped a lot of people’s retirement plans. Some anticipate a lower standard of living in retirement. Others have become more risk averse in the market. And 62% of retirees and near-retirees have cut spending to have a larger nest egg.
Not to mention, almost everyone is worried about inflation and the impact it will have on their retirement.
Are these the right actions to take?
While spending less and saving more is good general advice, you might be able to beat inflation when you have a diversified portfolio.
In this episode, I share how you can protect your retirement even as inflation runs rampant. And how to best protect your wealth so you don’t need to find a part-time job after you retire. Listen to the episode now.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why inflation is more dangerous to your retirement plans than even healthcare costs (4:23)
- How focusing on your health when you’re young is a better way to live a lavish life in retirement than only focusing on your wealth (4:35)
- The counterintuitive reason only 13% of retirees and near-retirees feel more bullish with their investments (and how to figure out if you should be more aggressive or conservative) (9:08)
- Why our economy is still healthy (even though we’re living through more volatile times) (9:48)
- The “Capitalized Profits Model” reason for why you should consider a more aggressive approach with your retirement portfolio (10:12)
- How to prevent needing a part-time job because you ran out of money in retirement (15:38)
- Why saving more doesn’t guarantee a more easy-going retirement (and how categorizing your savings grows your wealth more) (19:18)
- The 2% target you want to hold in cash during inflationary periods to best protect your wealth (25:38)
To schedule your free retirement tracking meeting, specifically for first responders, head to http://pensionattention.com/ or call us at 805-409-8150.