Getting more conservative with your investments as you age is a rule of thumb. But it doesn’t always make sense — especially when interest rates are historically low.
How can you properly plan for your retirement when “common knowledge” can wreck all your retirement plans?
In this episode, I’m revealing a new way to approach your investment strategy so you don't have to worry about running out of money in retirement.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why getting “safer” with your investment strategy as you age could cost you money (2:28)
- How a deferred comp plan drives you to a happy and healthy retirement (3:36)
- Why historically low interest rates steal your wealth if you follow the “age equals bond percentage” method (10:20)
- The “20 Year Adaptation Strategy” that prevents you from bankrupting your retirement (16:55)
- How to turn your financial weaknesses into cold, hard cash (20:38)
To schedule your free retirement tracking meeting, specifically for first responders, head to http://pensionattention.com/ or call us at 805-409-8150.