Money is a difficult topic to discuss with other people. This makes it tempting to do it alone when it comes to planning your retirement.
This is a mistake.
Even with the necessary knowledge, your emotional connection to your money can blow up your retirement.
In this episode, I discuss how financial advisors can grow your money faster and why a financial advisor is helpful (even if you don’t have a lot of money saved).
Show Highlights Include:
- What Edmund Hillary’s climb of Mount Everest teaches you about not wasting the money you’ve worked hard to save (3:00)
- How “Liquidity Events” can ruin your retirement if you don’t have the proper guidance (5:01)
- Why a financial advisor can effortlessly add 4% to your retirement returns if you choose the right one (9:42)
- The surprising reason managing your own plan sabotages your ability to retire without a side job at Wal-Mart(11:15)
- Why financial advising goes beyond managing money and how it can impact your health and mental well-being (12:57)
- The retirement-destroying mistake first responders make in hiring a financial advisor (even if you don’t have a lot of money) (16:35)
To schedule your free retirement tracking meeting, specifically for first responders, head to http://pensionattention.com/ or call us at 805-409-8150.