When it comes to our vacations, we plan every single detail to make sure everything is perfect. We understand that hope is not a strategy when it comes to pulling off a memorable trip.
So why do we do the opposite with our retirement? Most of us put some money away, never look at it, then hope we’ll have enough saved up when it’s time to retire.
This approach will have you working until you die.
In this episode, I discuss the best way to plan and set goals so you can retire when and how you want.
Show Highlights Include:
- The Steven Covey principle for a prosperous and relaxing retirement (5:13)
- How to squeeze the most value of our your goals to carry out a successful plan (6:13)
- The 3 retirement planning categories and how they predict your ability to retire when you want (9:21)
- Why “Great American Novel” retirement plan reports are worthless and how to plan your retirement on a single page (10:04)
- How to transform your “junk drawer” of assets into a financial windfall (13:12)
- Why $1 Million is a terrible retirement goal (16:08)
To schedule your free retirement tracking meeting, specifically for first responders, head to http://pensionattention.com/ or call us at 805-409-8150.