I created this resources page to help you with deciding what tools, services, and sites to use.
I know how stressful and frustrating it is to make a choice on what to use or buy. With all the tools and services available now a days, it's really easy to get overwhelmed.
Hopefully this page will help you out.
I'll be adding more as I learn and test out new things. In future posts I will reference this page quite often, so I recommend bookmarking it for your own personal reference and convenience. Thanks!
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. These are all things that I currently use or have used before and I am recommending them because they are helpful and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products and services.
My Most Recommended:
If you look at nothing else on this page, these are the four that you should know about. I find myself using these resources again and again, in emails and on podcasts. I use them because they make my life and business easier, and I'm confident you'll agree too.
Aweber is the eMail autoresponder I've been using since I first started online. It's pretty easy to use and you can send as many emails as you want. CLICK HERE to start your free trial of Aweber
Studiopress is what I use for all my websites. The Genesis framework is easy to use and allows a lot of customization without needing to know how to code. They also have awesome customer support. CLICK HERE to check out Studiopress
Bluehost: They are incredibly easy to use especially their 1-click automatic WordPress installation and excellent customer service – via phone and via chat. I highly recommend using Bluehost to anyone who is just starting out. Click here to get a special discount off the regular price!
Appendipity is my favorite podcast theme. They have lots of great features to help you showcase your podcast and get more leads from your site. They also have excellent customer support. CLICK HERE to see what Appendipity has to offer.
- My Equipment: People often ask me what I use in The Podcast Factory Studios. And they're surprised by my setup because I get studio quality sound on a budget. CLICK HERE to get the exact setup I use
- Bluehost: They are incredibly easy to use especially their 1-click automatic WordPress installation and excellent customer service – via phone and via chat. I highly recommend using Bluehost to anyone who is just starting out. (special discounted rate)
Here's a super quick tutorial on setting up your blog on BlueHost.
Click here now to get Bluehost at the discounted rate!
Landing Page Software:
- ClickFunnels: Easily create high-quality landing pages, squeeze pages, and sales pages. ClickFunnels will help you convert viewers into subscribers or buyers. Best of all, it works both with WordPress and non-WordPress sites as well.
Email Marketing Services:
- Aweber: The most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing tool out there. It's what I personally use to build my email list, and used by nearly every “guru” and marketer online.
- GetResponse: Some of my friends have recently moved over to GetResponse because their business needs have simply outgrown Aweber. they absolutely love GetResponse. Their support and user friendly interface is amazing. If you're looking to get more out of your AR service then GetResponse is what you need.
Analyzing & Tracking Results:
- Google Analytics: Google's free website tracking and analytical tool. A must have for anyone with any type of website.
- Google Adwords Tool: A free keyword research tool. This is good to see the popularity of certain keywords and to spy on the competition if you're doing adwords stuff.
- Fiverr: Anything you need for just $5 bucks. Your blog header, your podcast intros, and design work you can get from Fiverr.
- Odesk: One of my favorite places to outsource. You can pay by the hour or a fixed rate. A big advantage with Odesk is that you can monitor their work.
- Elance: Hired service for jsut about anything you can think of.
- Freelancer: Another outsource website for freelancers, IT companies, programmers and web designers from all over the world.
Video Hosting Resources:
- s3 Amazon: The best and cheapest place to host all your video. Not only that, but you can host all your audios, PDF's, eBooks, pretty much anything you can download and stream. (make sure you get “Simple Storage Service”)
- Youtube: Free video streaming service. This is good for any videos that's free for the public to view. (For any private videos, I suggest getting s3 amazon and use EVP for easy access and streaming.)
- Libsyn: This is where I host all of my podcast audios and small size files like PDF's and zip files. Perfect for podcasters, and great for small size files.
- SoundCloud: Still in beta for Podcasters, but another great hosting resource that allows you to store your mp3 files and release them via an RSS to the major directories. Plus, you'll be released on SoundCloud itself!
Product Distribution & Payment Processors:
- Clickbank: A digital product retailer. Probably the most popular of all payment processors. Great affiliate program for your products.
- 1Shopping Cart: This is a good cart for big ticket items. It's compatible with Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, TrialPay, Clickbank & 2CheckOut. Works like a charm, very low price to use. Comes with a decent affiliate program for your products.
- Paypal: This one is just ok for selling your own little products. I wouldn't go to big with these guys. I'd recommend using any of the above carts for big ticket items.
- The 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss: Read this book 4 times. LOVE IT! My business is based on the teachings from this book.
- Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk: If you're into blogging, social media, or simply just want to crush it! Then this is the book for you. Read this one 2 times
- Think and Grow Rich: What more can I say. The title says it all