I hope you’re paying attention because they’ll probably be a test on this …
What’s up everyone? Kyle, here, and today I want to talk with you about the importance of focused attention as it applies to achieving your fitness goals. And I use the term “goals” sort of loosely, as a big problem I see is people setting goals that really have no meaning. We’re going to dig deeper into that in this episode. You ready?
Today’s show highlights:
- Why the weight loss, bench press, and body fat fitness goals that most people set mean absolutely nothing, even if they reach those goals … This is how goals should truly be set (1:25)
- Getting with the program – the importance of having daily and weekly systems to bring concentrated focus to each day, leaving you constantly feeling successful (2:28)
- Train for something that makes you a little afraid. Here’s why … (4:38)
- Think exercise is primarily for your body? Think again. This is the exercise order of operation and how to account for it so you stay mentally engaged (5:39)
- Don’t believe what the “gurus” tell you. Here’s how long it really takes with focused effort for a habit to take hold (8:37)
- The most important part of any fitness plan that even experts overlook and leave out of a typical hard-goal plan (9:22)
Today’s show was a bit on the shorter side. I guess you could call it ultra-focused. If there’s one key thing you take away from the show, though, it’s have a good answer for your reason why as it relates to your goals. Go deeper than just “to be this weight,” or “to bench this much.” Tie your goals to something deeper. And if you need help with that, contact me.
Share what you think!
Alright, another show in the gym bag. Please share this podcast and leave a review on iTunes.
See you next time. You’re stronger than you know!
- Kyle Newell