What’s happening Inner Strength friends? Is anyone else super frustrated by all of these over-emotional social justice warriors all over social media? It’s like you can’t say anything without offending someone. Well, get over it! Because today I’m going to talk about haters (which is just what SJWs are …) and how their opinion is none of yours. But first …
Your friend’s eyeball is just “ok” fish bait …
Last week I promised you I’d open the show by telling you the story of how I almost caught a fish using the King’s eyeball as bait. Ok, ok … I never almost caught a fish. In fact, when I hooked his eye — because me reel locked up in my back cast — I experienced a FREEZE moment (Remember? We talked about your body’s natural physiological responses to stress a couple episodes ago …). This was the day I learned we have a choice in how we respond to stress. I also learned just how tough the King is, and I’ve never questioned his toughness since.
On to business …
There’s something fishy about haters …
Haters gotta hate … I learned this the hard way when I ran a Ripped Abs contest last year on Facebook. I’d like to save you from mountains of frustration by sharing with you what I learned from the experience, such as:
- What REALLY fuels a troll (i.e., an online hater that emerges from their mom’s basement to feed on hate) (10:02)
- How to understand the mindset of a hater to beat them at their own game (08:57)
- IF you engage with a hater (don’t … just … don’t) you have to speak to them in their language. Learn troll-anese here (9:16)
- What goes out the window when emotion is high (09:31)
- You might be wondering WHY the hater’s targeting you. Relax. It actually has very little to do with you. Here’s why haters engage you (Hint: you’re a mirror) (11:02)
- There are different types of haters, but one common thing drives them (15:10)
- How to make a hater’s head explode! (12:15)
- What haters crave more than mom’s meatloaf (12:18)
Self talk to deal with haters
You’ve gotta be in the right state of mind to control your thoughts (12:58), and this is a great way to deal with haters.
- If you believe these two things, like Rocky vs. the Russian (you know, the one who tried to rig the presidential election), no hater can affect you (12:40)
- Your brain is a super high-def movie projector. You think in images. Picture this image and doing this one thing to instantly get into the right mindset to deal with haters (13:31)
- How haters can actually help you become better — but you have to be honest with yourself … (14:29)
- Dogs don’t bark at parked cars. What that says about you … (15:59)
This was a fun episode for me, and I hope you enjoy it. If you’re doing anything that matters you’re going to get some hate at some point. I hope you use these tips to keep focused and keep growing. You’re stronger than you know.
Be back with you next week!
- Kyle Newell