Good and Bad ways to invite yourself on a podcast
In today’s show, Kevin talks to us about a topic that really gets under his skin. Getting exposure on podcasts was one of the most powerful things Kevin has done to grow his business. Listen to this insightful podcast to learn the best ways of getting yourself on a podcast and what to avoid when speaking to hosts.
- Major roadblocks about being interviewed on a podcast and how to overcome them (1:30)
- How Kevin got invited onto so many podcasts using his nifty 60 Seconds Sales Hook (2:15)
- Why it’s essential to have a relevant lead magnet in your toolbox when being interviewed on a podcast (2:40)
- The worst ways to get on a podcast (5:00)
- How to remove yourself from the pitch and make yourself more desirable by using an ethical third party agent (10:50)
- Kevin gets asked his own essential question on someone else’s podcast (14:10)
- What you must do before you meet a podcast host to improve your chances of getting an interview and standing above the crowd (15:30)
- The dumb thing not to show a podcast host when looking for an interview (16:50)
Many people face roadblocks when thinking about being a guest on a podcast. It’s important that you have something interesting to talk about. Kevin tells us about his freelancing copywriting days trying to get on podcast shows to talk about copywriting and why people were not biting. It was only when he created his book ‘The 60 Second Sales Hook’ did he see his business explode. Kevin got invited onto many podcasts, all because he was perceived as the expert at this one little thing.
The podcast industry is drowning in a sea of mediocre interviews. Many podcasts aren’t unique and are copying other shows, asking the same questions with no entertainment. Kevin shares with us how you can stand out from the crowd by having something interesting to talk about. There’s only so many times you can hear an entrepreneur’s story about being broke going on to make millions.
In today’s world, people crave story and truth. If you’re coming across as fake or not authentic, podcast hosts can sense this a mile off. It’s imperative that you show a genuine interest in the person you are wanting to interview or be interviewed by and not just come across as arrogant and selfish. Find out all of the best and worst ways you can get yourself on podcast shows by listening to this insightful episode with Kevin and Jonathan.