In today’s show, Kevin is joined by AJ Silvers to talk about the power of using flash fiction in your copy. AJ Silvers is a fantastic direct response and fiction writer.
- Why great fiction is actually sales copy in disguise (2:15)
- The definition of flash fiction and how you can use it in your own copy (3:10)
- How to create massive impact to your readers in less than six seconds (4:45)
- A book every copywriter needs to read (7:30)
- The big difference between a writer and someone who writes (18:30)
Using flash fiction can massively increase the power of your copy. As humans we are hardwired to listen to stories. Especially stories with impact and deep emotional meaning. Flash fiction is a way of storytelling that consumes the reader in a short length of time.
Because you have so little words to tell your story, the writer has to make every word count. Having constraints will liberate your creativity. AJ Silvers gives you some fantastic examples how you can create a flash fiction story that’s packed with emotion and puts the reader in a scene within your copy.
Believe it or not, fiction writing is a form of sales copywriting. The writer is still selling an overall idea and world view. Once you master the art of storytelling in your copywriting, you’ll be able to create extremely powerful copy with deep emotional meaning.
To find out more about AJ Silvers work, visit his website www.ajsilvers.com