Are there any tax accountants listening to this episode? If so, do you know if I need to file a form 1099B with the government for the amount of gold I’m about to drop here?
What’s up Inner Strength listeners. Today’s podcast just might be one of the most valuable episodes I’ve done to date, as I’m going to unpack the knowledge of why you’re not losing your gut or your butt, no matter how many stairs you climb or how many combination lifts you string together.
This is a real and extremely frustrating problem for a significant number of people who no matter what diet or exercise they try, just can’t seem to fry off the fat. Well, my friends, if that’s you, I’m about to hand you the keys to free yourself from the fat shackles, and I’m giving it to you free of charge.
Cutting through the misinformation:
You know as well as I do that the market claiming to have the secret to blasting away fat like a sugar-doped boy with a pocketful of quarters pounding the fire button of an the old school Atari game of Space Invaders is seriously oversaturated.
And so many of these weight loss “experts” are saying, “Eat this diet …” “Do this exercise …” “Drink this concoction …” “Stand on this foot when the full moon shines its brightest while chanting a Taylor Swift tune …”
Ok, I made the last one up, but you get my point. There is a ton of crap information out there. And I don’t want my listeners falling victim to it all. So that’s why I’m sharing with you the actual science to how your body burns fat so you can create a plan for fat burning that works for you.
Here’s what you’re going to learn:
- Why bodybuilders have the absolute worst advice when it comes to losing and keeping off weight (01:47)
- What fat actually is and how knowing this can take the pressure off of sticking to some fad diet to lose it (03:25)
- Why skinny, ripped gym bros are more likely to die when North Korea launches all of those missiles (03:39)
- What a floating stick of butter in a sink full of water can teach you about how your body stores and burns fat (04:01)
- If you are on a low carb diet, don’t celebrate that weight loss too much yet. Here’s what you really lost (04:23)
- Why this signal your muscles receive give your body no reason to burn body fat (04:36)
- The three parts to fat loss: mobilization, transportation and utilization, and how to activate each to turn into a fat-burning furnace (05:14)
- Why lack of blood flow to certain areas of your body can lead to stubborn belly fat (06:14)
- A huge mistake people make with high-intensity training that is actually keeping them fat (07:01)
- Here is how to structure your cardio to really see fat-melting results (07:48)
- The time of day when your body’s insulin is at its lowest and why working out during this time can boost your fat lose significantly (09:12)
- How the vast majority of people are shutting down their fat-burning engines for the rest of the day by simply eating traditional breakfasts (09:45)
- When this hormone is high, you know you’re revved up to burn some stored chub (10:33)
- Tell-tale signs your body gives you to let you know you’re about to start burning some serious fat (10:59)
- Understanding your body’s “set point” with body weight and body fat and why you shouldn’t push too hard to go below it (12:32)
And if you’ll recall from previous episodes, two of your biggest fat-blasting weapons are proper sleep and a good mindset. In fact, I tell my clients it’s not so much what you eat as who you are when you eat it.
Combine those two weapons with the gold you learned in this podcast and you’ll be well on your way to maintaining your own “set point” and unlocking the inner strength inside you.
If you liked this episode, and if you listen to this podcast regularly, I’d like you to do something for me. I love sharing my experience and knowledge with you, but would you show me you appreciate it by leaving me a review on iTunes and sharing this episode with a friend? It’s my goal to get this useful information into as many hands of people who need it as possible. You can help. Thank you.
Finally, if you haven’t signed up yet, there’s still time to get into my October Mastermind challenge. If you want to know more, go to unlockingyourinnerstrength.com/mastermind.
That’s it for this week. Until next time, don’t forget, you’re stronger than you know!
- Kyle Newell