What a weird subject line…Don’t you agree
I want to start this off with a story……
Recently things have been SUPER busy and I mean SUPER busy(I even bolded that to get my
Naturally me being me, I find it difficult to say NO.
So in between going to San Diego, Looking after my Platipeeps ands Espresso peeps, I also
booked 3 business meetings on 2 different continents and a speaking engagement…told you it’s
Halfway through my trip, I get a call from home to say that my sister has taken a fall, and she’s
hurt. Mum is getting on in years now and she is not strong enough to carry my sister about daily
and Dad’s knee is FUBAR.
That means I have to go home and become a human crane which is fine, needs must and all
that jazz, where we run into issues is ALL my commitments. I had had to make calls to
reschedule and possibly let a few friends down…but I had to be selfish I had to go home and
tend to my sister.
I will tell you the rest of this story another
If you hadn’t guessed yet, today’s podcast is going to be about wait…for…it… Being selfish
In today’s episode myself and producer extraordinaire Jonathan Rivera talk about
– The element of being selfish: How to do it right to help yourself and other people around you
– Look after yourself first to help others
– Reach your steady level until it's time for you to give.
– Dan's Big Philosophy: You get your own shit sorted out first and everything else gets better.
– Bob Burg's “The Go Giver”
– There’s nothing wrong with looking after you
Listen to the podcast here.